SOFTEX Agents are autonomous entities that establish a formal cooperation agreement with SOFTEX Association to provide support to software an IT services companies around their area of influence, making the SOFTEX System present in the main regions of Brazil. Each agent operate in articulation with the local government (state or municipality level) and rely on universities, research institutes and funding agencies to achieve goals set by SOFTEX in the interest of the sector.
SOFTEX Agents are organized in different ways, such as: association of enterprises; research institutes and technological incubators.
The services offered by each agent vary according to its focus and regional priorities. These services usually cover a broad spectrum: from the preparation of startups to enter the Brazilian market to initiatives that target mature and consolidated companies. Among these services we highlight:
• Support to obtain funding including venture capital;
• Support to entrepreneurship and the preparation of business plans;
• Support in the development of business opportunities and strategic alliances;
• Support and infrastructure for meetings and events;
• Support and guidance for participating in commercial & technological events in Brazil and abroad;
• Legal Advice;
• Quality Certification;
• Courses, training and consulting in innovation, quality, management, finances, technology and other areas of expertise;
• Business Intelligence and dissemination of qualified information.
In regions where there is no SOFTEX Agent nearby the local entities can develop actions in partnership with SOFTEX or get organized in order to become a new Agent, broadening SOFTEX System´s reach. The creation of new SOFTEX Agents follows rigid quality criteria that will be evaluated by SOFTEX Executive Committee before being sent for approval by its board of Directors. The interested entity(ies) must forward a proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
• The applicant’s identification and qualification;
• Institutional articulation in the region mentioning ties with government, industry and academic community in the area;
• Characterization of the software and IT services industry in the area;
• Profile of local Research and Teaching institutions;
• Suggested working plan for the next four years.